Sunday, January 27, 2008

Heath, Writing and the Oscars


First of all, I am very sad about the passing of Heath Ledger. He was truly one of my favorite actors - ever since the 10 Things I Hate about You which I have to admit - I can't say I loved the movie, but I do remember wondering who that hunk in the movie was. I was hooked and I believe I saw everything Heath did. I still view Brokeback Mountain as one of the sweetest love stories I ever got to witness. I sometimes wonder if straight people can really understand what that movie did for the gay community. I don't know of any movie that has shown a true love relationship between two men. We will miss you Heath.

I got the topic for the 24 hour writing contest - it had to deal with keeping promises and loss, from what I understood - and could only be 1000 words long. I 'write'brained it the whole day yesterdan and started writing last night, but fell asleep at the computer. I woke up early (which I just remembered and had been wondering all day why I was so tired), and finished it. It pretty much took until the last minute - mostly because you have to wait until you get a confirmation that it was received. Mine came at somewhere around 1201. But it is in and now I have to wait for a month for the decision.

I was going to share my thoughts on the movies up for nomination, but I think I will hold that for a later blog. I hate to admit it but I have been spending most of the weekend putting away Christmas decorations - I have too many, lol. Easily I have put in 16 hours packing stuff up and I still haven't even touched the snowmen, the fancy tree or the kitchen. I don't apologize for being late in getting them put away - it takes even more time putting them out, and it seems to be so much for such a short time, that I am lucky I am this early, lol.

4 comments:

Sr. Suzanne Fitzmaurice, OSB said...

Does that story of promises and loss have anything to do with having a child? Just thought I would check before it won some national title!

spilled ink said...

LOL - you are my first comment and no, it doesn't - how funny though. You know I have been thinking - the story of the broken verbal contract would actually make a funny screenplay - I am considering getting it down.
bill

Sr. Suzanne Fitzmaurice, OSB said...

I actually think it would be a great movie - one that I would see.

spilled ink said...

Even if I do it with music, like...hmmm...moulin rouge? Talk about justice.