Monday, October 01, 2007

LISTEN TO THIS!

My favorites that I can’t stop listening to right now (when I am not listening to a book) are the new Rascal Flatts – I was disappointed in their last cd – it only had one song that I absolutely loved, and I know there were some hits from it, but it wasn’t up to the standards set by their earlier cd’s. This one I believe makes up for it, my favorite song so far – No Reins, least favorite – Bob that Head.

Melissa Etheridge’s new cd is amazing, I am so excited she came out with something new – and talk about someone who rewards her fans for their long wait – there are 16 tracks on this cd. Favorite song on it Message to Myself – funniest song Threesome – her wife, Tammy’s blog talks about this song and how it came to be.

A friend gave me a copy of Celine Dion’s new cd – not the one that is coming out in November, but one that came out earlier this year and is in French. It’s not being released in the US – which is unfortunate. I think there are people like me who simply love her voice and even though I don’t understand a word of the cd (you would think I would have a better grasp with 2 years of friend over 25 years ago in high school, but I don’t). I love this cd and am thrilled to be hearing her voice again.

Queen Latifa's is nice - not into the rap stuff, so this is a pleasant surprise.

Reba's Duet's is fantastic. I love Reba - with her first song being that duet with Kelly Clarkson, I feared it would be a cd full of remakes, but it isn't. I haven't investigated, but my initial thought is that all song's but Kelly's are new ones. I love the cd - the duet she does with Justin Timberlake is wonderful, as are several others on the cd. Her duet with LeAnn Rimes is really nice too - LeAnn has one coming out soon that I am interested in also. The duet with Faith Hill is really nice too - a little sad, it's two women singing about being married to a police officer.

CD's I am looking for in the next month: Brooks and Dunn: Cowboy Town, Faith Hill: Hits, Matchbox Twenty: Exile on Mainstream, Josh Groban: Noel, LeAnn Rimes: Family, Sara Evans: Greatest Hits, Jennifer Lopez: Brave, Toby Keith: A Classic Christmas, Santana: Ultimate Santana, Carrie Underwood: Carnival Ride, and finally, Celine Dion's Taking Chances.

No comments: